Snowflake Obsidian Healing Properties
Obsidian is a dark-colored volcanic glass formed when molten lava cools quickly. Hence, its healing properties are that of bringing emotions and karmic patterns to the surface. Once there the unwanted negativity can be recognized, healed and made peace with. Just as a volcano erupts and then cools, Snowflake Obsidian helps purge harmful patterns and opens a sacred space for more cool, calm and positive patterns.
Snowflake Obsidian Metaphysical Properties
- Chakras: Root (1st), Sacral (2nd), Solar Plexus (3rd)
- Element: Earth
- Numerology: Number 8
- Zodiac Signs: Virgo, Capricorn
- Crystal Energy: Protection Stone
Snowflake Obsidian Properties
- Color: Obsidian is a dark-colored volcanic glass formed when molten lava cools quickly. It is usually black but can be found in colors ranging from brown to red. Snowflake obsidian, derives its name from the inclusions of whitish-gray spots (spherulites) of radiating needle-shaped cristobalite (high-temperature quartz) crystals. These ‘spots’ look very similar to snowflakes.
- Mining Locations: Mexico, USA
- Mineral Class: Mineraloids; it is Volcanic Glass
- Crystal System: Amorphous
- Chemical Composition: Si02 – Silicon Dioxide w/inclusions
- Hardness: 5-5.5